Philips Healthcare have announced today that they have discontinued production of the Philips FR2 Defibrillator battery (part code M3863A).
The Philips FR2 Defibrillator was discontinued in 2009 so units that are still in service have in most cases reached end of life.
We recommend that customers that own a Philips FR2 look to replace their device. A suitable alternative product is the Philips HeartStart FRx.
The FRx main highlights vs FR2 –
- Cheaper to maintain
- Easier to use
- Pads are suitable for use on adults, children & infants
- Pads are pre-connected saving time in a rescue
- Automatic daily self test
- Optional child key when using on children/infants upto 8 years old or 25kg to reduce energy levels to 50 Joules
- Voice instructions follow the pace of the rescuer
- More robust: crush tested to 500lbs with an IP rating of 55
- CPR coaching